What type of company would use these touch screens?
by COSInt - 12/18/12 8:41 PM
My organization has over 300 new Amulet Technologies touch screens and we are trying to locate who the end users are so that we can try and make back some of the funds spent to purchase them. I've done the following to see them:
1. Directly to Amulet Technologies, they would not take them back as they are discontinued stock.
2. Directly to the distributors (Digi-Key, Mouser, Semiconductor, Nu Horizon, etc) would not take them as we are not a manufacture, they are older (2005) and have no warranty.
3.Electronics Brokers (received an offer from one for everything which was pennies for what we paid) otherwise, they are only offering us consigment.
4. A/V Installation companies, we emailed about 200 A/V installation companies personally and 6 responded saying no thank you.
5. Electronics Components store, most of them stated that they do not sell this type of item and passed on bidding.
6. I've also had it up on eBay for 3 weeks! No buyers or inquires as of yet.
I started to think who uses these types of touch screens, and the list was endless, banks, hosplitals, fast food places, airplanes, military, OMG! I want to nail down and locate who are the end users of these touch screens so that my organization can make back the most we can for these screens.
We have confirmed in writing from Amulet directly that the stock we have is fully operational and we have the original purchasing invoice proving they are authentic Amulet stock.
Any suggestions or ideas on end users would be very appreciated.
Below are all the specifics on these screens:
Amulet On-Board Module Information
MK-AOB 320240 5 B
Product Type: Amulet On-Board Module
Display Resolution: 320 x 240 Pixels
Display Type: 5.7" Graphic LCD
B= STN Negative, Blue, Transmissive
Backlight Type: Ultrabright White LED (8)
Backlight Control: Digital Potentiometer
Contrast Control: Digital Potentiometer
Viewing Angle: 6 o'clock
Operating Temp: -20 C to 70 C
Temperature Comp: Yes
Power Requirement: 5Vdc (.25v) @ 250mA
HTML Storage Capacity: 8 megabit
Communication Type: Amulet Protocol via UART
Data Rate (BAUD): 9,600 / 19,200 / 57,600 / 115,200 bps